Senior DevOps Engineer
- Salary & Benefits
- £60,000 - £75,000 dependent on experience.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our Reading based Yell.com Engineering team. We are in the process of redesigning our entire infrastructure based on DevOps automation principles and we need someone who can contribute both design and implementation to this transformation.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer you will be responsible for creating fully automated, efficient, reliable and secure release and hosting systems for Yell's web applications. In addition to working with our DevOps Lead you will also work alongside a team of Technical Engineers and Developers.
- Refactoring Yell systems according to rigorous “infrastructure as code” principle.
- Maintaining an existing estate hosting a variety of Java applications environments. This includes, Kubernetes, AWS, RHEL, Centos, tomcat in a hybrid cloud and multi-datacenter environment.
- Designing and implementing new platforms and services using DevOps pipelines and automation.
- Working efficiently in an Agile environment collaborating with Operations and developer’s teams.
- Developing a strong culture of technical excellence and solid DevOps skills within team, challenging status quo where necessary.
- Strong programming experience.
- Working in a development team with strict coding standards and applying best practices.
- Significant Linux and Unix server administration experience and confidence in applying that experience.
- Demonstrated experience of using and maintaining AWS, Kubernetes, Ansible, Terraform, Python, bash, GIT, Docker, Apache, Jenkins.
- Demonstrated experience of CI/CD pipelines and toolchains.
- Demonstrated exposure to Open Source tooling.
- Experience of Java based environment with Tomcat.
- Knowledge of microservices architecture and patterns.
- Previous experience of high SLA standards environments 99.99% or more.
- Incident management.
For 50 years Yell has specialized in helping small and medium sized businesses find and connect with customers. We’re not just any marketing agency. We combine leading edge technology with our decades of local marketing experience to help businesses achieve their ambitions, and we do it all by getting to know our customers, and their businesses individually. Our products include mobile optimized websites, Yell.com for Android™, iPhone™, Apple Watch™ and Search & Display advertising.
Our values; Knowledge, Relationships, Integrity, Passion & Results really matter and how we work is just as important as what we do.
In order to be considered for this role you must be able to demonstrate proof of eligibility to work in the UK and hold a valid work visa if applicable.
You've got a number of options when it comes to applying:
Simply upload your CV from your computer or from your mobile/tablet using one of our cloud options.
Don't have your CV to hand? Use this option to give us your name, email and phone number, we'll then contact you to complete your application.
Apply With Indeed
Apply using your CV stored on Indeed