Senior Android Developer
- Salary & Benefits
- £60,000 - £65,000 +bonus +benefits
We are looking for a Senior Android Developer to join our Mobile Apps team at Yell. If you enjoy building fantastic apps, and focusing on the user experience throughout the process, then please get in touch. As a Senior Android Developer at Yell you will be part of a small, focused, and highly collaborative team within the Yell engineering department looking to reinvent and redefine the Yell experience on native apps. It is an exciting time here at Yell, and we’re now embarking on the next generation of Apps so it’s a great time to join us.
This is a home based opportunity but there will be travel to our Reading office on occasion.
- 3+ years of hands-on Android software engineering experience.
- Excellent knowledge of building scalable code using Kotlin, dependency injection Dagger, RxJava and Retrofit.
- Experience in building complex Android applications using the latest design patterns (MVP, MVVM etc)
- Brilliant knowledge of agile development practices
- Experience working closely with UX / UI Good working knowledge of issue tracking and source control systems
- Attention to detail and a passion for Apps Desire to automate the test, build, and distribution process
- Experience shipping an App to the Play store
- Development of applications using RESTful APIs (JSON)
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills
- Experience working with user research trials & studies Strong analytical and problem-solving skills Developer community contribution (Open source, Github, etc)
- Interest or experience in back-end development (AWS, Firebase, etc)
- We don’t expect candidates to have experience in all of these, but a willingness to learn and good knowledge of some of these items is desirable.
Perks & Expectations
- Excellent salary & benefits
- Work in a completely agile environment
- Work in a small, focused team, where your code really matters
- Use and contribute to open source development
- Encouraged R&D time for your own learning
- Flexible working around your needs & work from home as required
A little about Yell...
We’re the No.1 provider of managed digital marketing services for all types of local businesses in the UK. We’ve recently been through a transformation journey from the print marketing business we were previously known as (Yellow Pages) to a now full-fledged Digital business who has partnered with Google, Facebook, Microsoft Bing, Apple and Alexa. Our aim is simple - to help customers achieve their business goals. We do this by building and managing a customised digital marketing programme for their business. Our mission is to enable great conversations between trusted businesses and consumers, through the power of cutting-edge technology, innovative solutions and best in class service.
You've got a number of options when it comes to applying:
Simply upload your CV from your computer or from your mobile/tablet using one of our cloud options.
Don't have your CV to hand? Use this option to give us your name, email and phone number, we'll then contact you to complete your application.
Apply With Indeed
Apply using your CV stored on Indeed